Cycle of Good
TRACTION will deliver 3 workshops in the Yarrabilba community in 2018. The workshops are supported by Lend Lease and Bendigo Bank, will provide an experience that young people will never forget and:
- Ensure participants have fun whilst learning new skills and making new friends,
- Provide a unique experience that builds confidence and self-belief and fosters community connection, and
- Build practical and life skills.
The first workshop is Friday 23rd February.
TRACTION Mentors facilitate each workshop and provide technical assistance and participants are also supported by community volunteers who provide positive role-modelling.
The workshops are perfect for those interested in learning more about bicycle mechanics and maintenance. Participants will disassemble, re-assemble and quality-check a bicycle (second-hand, donated by the community) and get to keep the bicycle at the end of the day.
- Places limited to 6 young people (aged 12-17 years old) and participation is FREE
- It is recommended that participants wear suitably comfortable and cool clothing that may get dirty during the day. Closed toe shoes must be worn. Hi-vis safety vests and other Personal Protective Safety Equipment will be provided
- A sausage sizzle and drinks will be provided however participants are free to bring their own food and drinks
- Participants will be presented with a TRACTION T-shirt and Cap (valued at $60) and a Certificate for successful completion of the workshop